We believe that everyone who works at Azavar is on the same team. As teammates, we help each other by doing our own part well, collaborating to find the best solution and pitching in when someone needs it. At Azavar, there’s always someone who is willing to teach you something new across the full development stack. We’re young. We’re diverse. We’re energetic. We enjoy each other and have fun. Many of us have spouses, kids, dogs, picket fences and train schedules, so appreciate the commitment to work/life balance that exists at Azavar.
Chicago is our kind of town, and always has been. We’re right downtown and love jockeying for position on crowded sidewalks, hearing the clatter of the el tracks and watching how the color of Lake Michigan can change from day to day. On the southeast corner of the Loop, el and bus stops are super handy, and all the commuter train stations are walkable (or hikable, depending on your POV). Need a place to recharge? Pop around the corner to the Art Institute or Grant Park. Need a serious jolt? You will never need a coat or umbrella to visit the coffee shop in the lobby.
Have we got our priorities right, or what? We’ve got a great view of Lake Michigan from our offices, and it’s available to everyone in the company because we designed our space so that our main crew workspaces look out the window. Yep, you heard right. Our big-wigs are on the interior edge in offices with no windows (but glass walls). We like to keep things transparent, and even our conference room is all glass. We consider walls places to draw an idea, take notes and keep a deadline schedule. Our white, bright lunchroom is the site of catered-in lunch every Friday and the occasional happy hour.
Just a Day in the Worklife at Azavar.
Current Job Openings
Experienced .NET Developer
We’re looking for an experienced .NET developer to jump right in and help us develop web applications using .NET, C#, MVC4, JQuery, SQL Server and the Sitefinity CMS.
- Must love coding!
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- C# or Java experience.
- Experience building/deploying at least one professional HTML5/CSS3 website.
- Bootstrap, mobile/responsive layout, cross-browser troubleshooting experience a plus.
- Demonstrate good problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate proper application HCI/UI/UX designs.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Work within a team or as an individual to develop web applications.
- Take detailed requirements and produce technical design/development specs.
- Communicate with project management team; escalate/bring attention to any issues.
- Contribute to all phases of the SDLC.
- Participate in daily team production meetings.
Please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements.
- A growing portfolio of exciting projects.
- Dual-headed desktops, with available private rooms and open floor plan.
- Medical, dental and vision health care plans.
- Matches to 401(k) retirement contributions.
- Bonuses for exceptional contribution.
- Unlimited coffee, snacks and beverages.
- Catered lunch on Fridays.